1. Andy's boss (the GM) quit yesterday. He has given Andy so much grief over the past 2 years that I was thrilled to hear the news. Andy on the other hand is a little more cautious, knowing that there is always the possibility that someone worse (although hard to believe) could be brought in. Regardless, I'm choosing to be optimistic and pray that this is the start of something really good for their dealership.
2. Our friends Chris and Sierra came to visit us this weekend. We had so much fun and it was great to see them. The 4 of us when to Ichiban for dinner on Sunday night, played some Pai Gow Poker until the Casino had officially taken all of our money and then decided to come home, play Mexican Train (a domino game) and drink Smirnoff's. We stayed up unitl 3:330 a.m. which is something I haven't done in years. We always have such a great time visiting with them and this time was no different. They love Bella and it makes it really enjoyable for us to hang out with friends who don't have kids, but are more than happy to have ours tag along!
3. Bella and I are flying to So Cal on Friday. I will be co-hosting Jessica's baby shower on Friday evening and then we have plans to decorate Drew's bedroom on Saturday. Bella is beyond excited to see Kendra. She keeps telling me that Kendra is a big girl now because she can walk and talk. They should have a great time playing together on Saturday while Jessica and I do "baby stuff". My mom and Anna are flying down on Saturday and we are meeting them at Disneyland on Sunday. We are staying 2 nights and going to Disneyland on Sunday and Monday. Anna has never been so it will be pretty exciting for her. Bella is planning on wearing her Cinderella dress that Grandma and Grandpa McMinn gave her and we have reservations for lunch with the Princesses on Monday. We will fly home on Tuesday after a fun filled trip of visiting friends, baby showers, shopping, Disneyland and as always, my favorite...good food! ;P
4. I have an appt on the 12th to get the results of my hormone tests and to go over my "treatment plan". I also have my first round of acupuncture scheduled. I'm a little freaked out, but my doctor has assured me that it's not bad at all and she couldn't say enough about how effective it is for (in)fertility and other female issues that I suffer from (mainly endometriosis). Assuing I survive the first round, I will be having it once a week for 2-3 months. I'll definitely give a full report next week!
5. I'm trying to grow a live plant in Bella's Betta tank. I don't know why this excites me, but it does. It says it should take 8-10 days to see shoots and 15 days to see blooms. I swear I check the stupid thing 5 times a day. I was reading up on Betta's (yes, I'm a nerd) and discovered that they typically live in rice paddies and shallow ponds. Evidentally Betta's are one of the most controversial "kept" fishes in the freshwater fish hobby. So, because I'm a sucker for guilt, I'm now determined to give our Betta an environment closer to it's natural habitat. My first step is the live plant (they like to hide in the plants). Betta's almost exclusively live off of mosquito larvae in nature so I'll pull the bloodworms out of the freezer and start giving them to him a few times a week. They also live in tropical regions where the water is much warmer (around 80 degrees). When I got our Betta the person at the fish store tole me it wasn't necessary to have a heater because they did fine in cold water. According to the information I found Betta's become increasingly listless in temperatures under 75 degrees. Currently the water he is in is around 55-60 degrees. He is in a 1 gallon tank so I'm not on a mission to find a small tank heater that will not take up a third of his tank. It will be my luck that I'll end up killing him in the process, but we'll see how it goes. Like I said, guilt does a number on me.
That's all the time I have for now. Bella has picture day at school tomorrow. They are taking pictures with live bunnies and she has nothing to wear so we are off to Kohl's to see what we can find.
No comments:
Post a Comment