6.18.2006

Happy Father's Day!

What a weekend of celebrating we've had...yesterday our anniversary and today, Father's Day!

Not having my dad here on earth to celebrate today is of course a bit sad, but mostly today has been filled with incredible joy when I see what a wonderful father my daughter has. Andy is everything that I am not when it comes to being a parent. He is like a big kid and one of the coolest dads I know. He takes time to play with Bella, reads to her every night before she goes to bed and most importantly isn't afraid to tell her just how much he loves her. He hugs her and kisses her and gives her the love that every daughter needs from her father. Seeing all of this warms my heart in a way I simply cannot describe.

I know that much of the father Andy is comes from the father that he had, so with that, I say a heartfelt thank you to Gary, for showing my husband what it means to be a dad. Without your example he would not be the man (father and husband) he is today!

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there and to those of you who don't have a dad to celebrate, regardless of the reason, hang in there and know you are not alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even from a distance I am so pleased at knowing that Bella has a wonderful father and Donielle has a wonderful husband.