9.14.2006

A great season!

Of softball that is! We started out in mid May with a team of players who had either never played before or hadn't played in a looong time (15 years for me). Needless to say we were all a little rusty but we came together great and ended up placing 2nd in our division. Technically we tied for first but since the team we tied with beat us 1st place went to them. Anyways, after the regular season we were bumped up a division and played in a double elimination tournament. Our first lost was to another team from our church. On Sunday we met up with them again and this time were able to win the game. That win put us in 2nd place and left us with another game to play immediately follwing our first one. We played the only undefeated team left and beat them too! We were pumped by our win. Unfortunatly we had to play a THIRD game 5 minutes after the second and us old folks just couldn't hang for the third game in a row. We were beat and got beat! That loss ended the season for us with the 2nd place trophy and an exhausted Rock Solid team.

I am extremely glad that our season is over, but I had a great time playing. I played 2nd base and did surprisingly well. I come from a very athletic family and it appears that I just might have a little of it in me after all! ;)

Andy was asked to play on an A league team next year (just so you know it goes from A to H -- we were in the H league this year) which is quite a compliment. He said his lolyalties lie with us and that if our team plays again next year he wants to stick with us, but I kind of think it would be fun to watch him play in a division a little more suited for him. We'll see...

No comments: