
And here he/she is today...




I had no idea we would be having another ultrasound today, but was thrilled when he suggested we take another peek. He tried to listen for the heartbeat and thought he might have heard a faint heartbeat, but even with his disclaimer that it more than likely was too early to hear it, I still couldn't help but freak out a little. Walking from the exam room to the ultrasound room and waiting to see our baby felt like an eternity. But, God is good and we saw a cute little wiggling baby with a nice strong heartbeat! He redid the measurements since it was so early last time and moved my due date up a few days. It's is now officially June 18th which puts me at 11 weeks TODAY!! I asked about the difference in dates and he said this was the more accurate one and we would go with these dates...he redid the measurements a few times and came up with the same date each time. When he first started doing the scan he said that it was too early to tell the babies sex, but as he got down to the lower region he looked around for a while and then said, "See this...this really looks like a penis to me". He investigated a little further and pointed out the umblical cord, saying that he could see it clearly and it was over to the side, not between the legs. He then said, "if this is really a penis it will be the earliest I've ever been able to tell the sex of a baby!" Andy was behind me, but as soon as he made that comment I could sense the ear to ear grin on Andy's face and as soon as the Dr. left Andy made sure to comment on what exactly it would mean if that really is a penis!! ;)
Of course we aren't counting on it being a boy, but it sure will be interesting to see how it all turns out!
You can clearly see what the Dr. was referring to in the 2nd and 3rd pictures. It basically looks like the baby has 3 legs! :P
Other than that he gave me a prescription for Phenergan to help with the nausea and that was it. I see him again in a little less than a month since 4 weeks falls on Christmas day.
I have to say that for the first time since finding out I'm pregnant I am really excited. I walked out of that office feeling like a new person!
1 comment:
Maybe it is the leg that belongs to the twin or triplet! Grandma
Post a Comment