If I seem to have disappeared over the last few days it's because I have been knee deep in vomit and poop since Sunday!
The little sweetheart that Chloe is, waited until minutes after the end of 2nd service on Sunday (I produce services, so I'm *very* busy on Sunday's...especially holidays) and then puked all over poor Terri in her nice Easter outfit. We quickly scrambled to get out of church and she threw up again on the way home. From that point on anytime the smallest amount of milk hit her tummy, it came right back up. It was so sad to see such a little thing so sick. :( She improved on Monday and I really thought she was over it...I was wrong...
The moment I heard Bella yell, "Mom!" at 2 a.m. yesterday morning I knew exactly what was coming. She tried to make it down from her bed but she couldn't and proceeded to vomit from her loft bed which left Andy and I scrubbing the carpet for a good half hour trying to get it all cleaned up. She was sick with the dry heaves all night and into the morning, but through it all she was such a trooper. We made her a bed on our floor, gave her a bowl and every time she had to throw up she would lean over her bowl and do her thing.
Of course we didn't sleep a wink for the rest of the night and so the sweetheart Andy is, delivered my morning coffee to my bedside and I sat up, kids cuddled up next to me, taking a few minutes to enjoy my coffee and get ready for the day I knew was ahead when all of a sudden Chloe started vomiting, literally soaking me in it. It was at that point that I just couldn't handle it any more and laid over, covered in puke, while she continued to vomit and started to cry and laugh all at the same time...I was having a true melt down. Andy heard the commotion and came out of the closet where he was getting ready for work and just stood there with a look on his face that said, "what is wrong with my wife??" After I composed myself Andy helped Chloe and me get in the shower so we could clean up.
Bella continued to vomit through the early afternoon and the worst part of it all was how bad her tummy hurt all the time. It broke my heart to see her in that kind of pain. :( Chloe on the other hand didn't vomit again, instead started with the diarrhea which was almost as messy as the vomit. ;)
We managed to make it through and as of this morning we haven't had a puke or poop in over 12 hours and I'm praying that we are done with it for a very long time. Of course neither Andy or I have had it and honestly it will be a miracle if we don't get it. The girls and I are staying home again today just to give them a little extra time to make sure their little bodies are back to normal.
I'm certain that this has been the toughest 3 days I've had as a parent in regards to sick kids. I know moms (and dads) do this and much more all the time and I have to say that there is nothing like the love a parent when they willing subject themselves to being vomited and pooped on. ;)
I also can't forget to say what an amazing help Andy has been through all of this. He is such a trooper when it comes to this kind of thing, never once complaining about scrubbing vomit at 2 in the morning, changing a baby who is covered in rotten milk puke, or simply going to the store for us to get soda and jello. I seriously couldn't do it without him and am so blessed to have a husband who is truly an equal when it comes to parenting!
Here are a couple pictures I snapped when I *finally* had both girls sleeping at the same time (what a glorious moment that was!!).
Bella on one side of the couch...
Chloe on the other...
I hope to have another post with Easter pictures up sometime this week, assuming we really are on the mend!
1 comment:
We just went through this Sunday-Tuesday. I heard the "Mommmmmmmy" cry about 11:30 on Sunday night, and when I walked into N's room I found his bed covered in puke. This was our first time dealing with the stomach flu - ugh! He got really sick again on Monday night, and I ended up in the hallway bawling. Thankfully G held it together! ;)
Post a Comment