While there is always "something else to be done", I can comfortably say that we finally have everything ready to welcome a newborn into our family. His room is complete (with the exception of a few decorative elements), we are stocked with the necessary supplies, bassinet is ready to go in our bedroom, hospital bag is packed, and now we simply wait.
I am determined to complain as little as possible, but the truth is that in the last week I have started to feel pretty uncomfortable. Sleeping is becoming much more difficult (not that I expect to get good sleep for the next year), my stomach muscles seem to be stretched to their capacity and feel like they are going to tear from my ribs at any second and the pressure of carrying a baby very low has begun to radiate into my thighs. Oh and lets not forget...as much as my mantra has been "toes in", it's officially...I'm waddling! ;) With all of that I think I can safely say that I'm ready to hold my sweet baby boy in my arms. Yet, even so I'm content to wait on God's perfect timing...I know he will come eventually and when he does it will be worth every second of the past 9 months.
Andy snapped this picture yesterday after Bella's birthday lunch...I'm 1 day short of 37 weeks, but it's close enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment