Today we celebrated with our traditional "family birthday" by taking the girls to Build-a-Bear, enjoying lunch at Bella's favorite place, Claim Jumpers and then going to the movies and watching "The Smurfs". I hope that she never gets tired of wanting to spend a day with her family celebrating each new year. She will be having a sleep over next weekend with a few friends and has a fun filled evening of "girl pampering" planned. She has even requested that I make chocolate covered strawberries, as she is not a big fan of cake.
I wish I could slow time down just a bit, but knowing that isn't possible, I'm going to do all I can to cherish each and every day we have with her as she continues to grow into the young lady that God has designed her to be. It is our prayer that we are the loving, encouraging, gentle parents that she deserves...and while I know there are times we screw up big time, I'd like to think that a little part of who she is today is because of God's amazing guidance and grace in our lives as we have sought Him in this amazing journey of parenthood.
So to the 8 pound, 13 ounce bundle of joy that forever changed our lives 9 years ago, we wish you a very happy 9th Birthday and are so excited to see what this new year brings for you. You are daddy's "sweetheart", Chloe's "sissy" and my "beautiful" and we love you with all our heart...and always will!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Bella! We had so much fun seeing you last week. Hope you had the best Birthday. Love you, Aunt Linda
Post a Comment